Tuesday, March 30, 2010

God gave me a passion.

I forgot all about my blog. So, here is a little something. I’m going to try to write something once a week.

As my last year of school is coming to a close, I’ve seen how much God has helped me grow. It seems just in the past 4 months God has given me the passion of reading. Which is very weird for me, because growing up I didn’t like reading. The only things I used to read were comic books, magazines and stuff for work. I never had any desire to read a book because just like a lot of people think (If the book is any good they will make a movie out of it. So, why read it). I’ve never had much confidence in myself in that area. I think all of that stems from growing up with a learning disability. As long as I can remember in school I was always in “Special” classes. I was always embarrassed that I couldn’t read very well and that I wasn’t the smartest kid. I always covered it up with humor. In Jr. High, I was still in the “Special” classes but I also was in band. And Band was where all the smart kids were. I always felt worst because I would hear my friends talking about school and they always made it seem so easy and I was struggling so much. And that feeling of having no confidence in myself has followed me into adulthood. I was in cellular sales for 7yrs, and I thought that would be the only thing I would be able to do. I will never be able to move anywhere in my life because I have been limited by my disability.

But then I got called by God to be in the ministry. And man, I freaked out. At that time, I felt like I was somewhere between a baby and a teen in my walk in Christ. I still had no confidence in myself. All I could think about is the limitations that I had. All I could think about is that I have a 7th grade reading level and I can’t speak in front of people, but I never thought about the fact that my Holy God has no Limitations. When I would discuss my feelings and worries with Andrea she would tell me, "God doesn't call the Equipped, He Equips the called."

1Co 1:25-29

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Thank goodness, I don’t have to be the smartest person in the world!!! Look who Jesus Christ chooses to be his disciples. Some were farms, fisher men, and other jobs, most of them weren’t viewed as the smarts people. But that is who Jesus chose to be his disciples. These people had good hearts and were willing to submit to the Holy Spirit so they could do the work of Christ. With out the Holy Spirit we would have to rely on ourselves to do it. And it couldn’t be done.


Tony Ochoa

1 comment:

  1. I always forget about my blog too. love you bro. thank you Andrea for help taking care of my brother when he is so far away from home.

    ReplyDelete